For over 60 years now, the University of the East (UE) has offered quality education to countless graduates who eventually become the country’s top achievers and dynamic leaders. This long tradition continues at the College of Dentistry that offers four Master of Science in Dentistry Programs.
Collectively known as POPE- short for Periodontics, Orthodontics, Prosthodontics and Endodontics- these three years specialty courses are designed to provide dental graduates with continuing dental education that is within their reach to broaden their interests and abilities, and to transform them into competent dental professionals at par with the world’s best. With its distinguished faculty, state–of–the–art facilities, and a library over 2,000 titles and 5,000 volumes of professional dental books as well as local and international dental journals, UE is the ideal place to secure your future in the highly competitive and evolving dental health care industry.
The UE College of Dentistry prepares young men and women for the general practice in order to develop their competence in the maintenance of oral health.
Directed to give dental students a sound foundation in oral health, the program of instruction aims to develop the technical skills and digital dexterity of students, and to instill proper attitudes and a strong commitment to the ideals of the dental profession.
I. DENTAL INFIRMARY
- KaVo Dental chairs and units made in Germany and KaVo made in Brazil
- Beaverstate Dental chairs and units made in U.S.A.
- ADEC Dental chairs and units made in U.S.A.
- Global G-6 Dental Microscope
- PanoCep-TMJ X-ray unit (Panorex with Cephalometric X-ray)
- Gendex Dental Systems’ Visualix USB System (Radiovisiography)
- Acu-cam Intraoral Camera System
- Panpas 601 Periapical X-ray machines
- Philips Periapical X-ray machines
- Heavy duty Suction Machines
- Cavitron Select Ultrasonic Scalers
- EMS-Ultrasonic Scalers
- Prosonic Sterilizers
- Autoclave Sterilizers
- Light Curing Machines
- Electrocautery Machines
- Fully Automatic Apex Locator
- Hanau Articulators
II. RESEARCH SECTION
- Heavy Duty REVCO Deep Freezer
- Heavy Duty Tissue Processor
- Video Microscope
- Analytical Weighing Scale
- Binocular Microscopes with Illuminators
- Digital Incubators
- Ph Meter
III. AUDIO-VISUAL & MULTIMEDIA
- Laptop Computers
- LCD Projectors
- Classrooms with Projection Screens
- Slide Projectors
- Overhead Projectors
- Opaque Projectors
- DVD Player
- DVD Video Camera
IV. DENTAL LIBRARY
- 80,000 Volumes of Books
- 50 Titles of Printed Journals
- On-line Electronic Journals